Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mashed Potatoes

Simple mashed potatoes.

They taste good. They smell good. They're pretty good in the mouth, and good in the belly. They're filling, accessible, affordable, and nutritious. And it's a base for a wonderful little treat known as potato candy, but that's another blog.

In addition to all the wonderful attributes of the simple potato, I am also grateful for the mashed potato. I am grateful to live in a place where nutritious food is so easily available. I am grateful that I am physically able to eat, something many people cannot take for granted.

I am grateful to live in a home where I am able to keep and cook food. I am grateful to have had a mother who taught me how to cook. I am grateful for my son, who loves to cook and is able to cook almost any sort of everyday meal. I am grateful for my neighbour who has received fairly large-ish quantities of vegetables twice this summer and has shared with me both times. Thanks to her, my freezer is full of vegetable concoctions that will be with us through the cooler weather. I am grateful that I have a blender.

I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment..